Position Summary: Under the supervision of the General Manager, the GIT (Group Independent Travelers) Sales Manager manages and leads the GIT sales consultant team at Sticky Rice Travel. Responsibilities include identifying market opportunities, developing long and short term marketing and sales strategies, and the development of a structured training program for the GIT team. This position must possess excellent leadership, organizational, client servicing, and communication skills.
• Market and sell Sticky Rice Travel programs to overseas agents and partners.
• Develop a marketing strategy for Sticky Rice Travel as a boutique destination management company catering to deluxe and niche groups.
• Client servicing for overseas agents and partners (B2B).
• Revision and renewal of contract rates for agents/partners.
• Encourage visitation to Sticky Rice Travel promoted areas by performing sales and marketing tasks.
• Assist with the expansion and development of GIT sales, including quality control.
• Monitor and assign leads, and supervise all GIT requests and fulfillment.
• Mentor and coach the GIT team in itinerary development, costing, customer service, and brand experience.
• Produce monthly reports and maintain an ongoing training calendar for the GIT team.
• Manage the GIT team using an SOP, work motivation, and KPIs.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a tourism company catering to an English-speaking market. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within 3 months of employment.
Education: A college degree or equivalent training and experience in a related field.
Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office - must be able to operate computers with a high degree of efficiency. The ability to read and understand reports, graphs, statistics and written instructions, and strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required.
Problem Solving: Problem solving is important, this employee will be expected to advise the GIT team in crisis management with clients and when situations arise within the GIT team.
Decision Making: This employee will make important decisions about prioritizing daily assignments, providing team assistance, scheduling meetings and training sessions.
Supervision: This employee will work independently with limited supervision from the GM as a direct reporting line, and will work closely with the GM and Directors in sales and marketing strategies, including business relationship management with agents and partners.
Financial Accountability: This employee will be accountable for payment approvals of GIT invoices paid to suppliers upon first layer accuracy check by individual travel consultants including itinerary costings, yearly renewals/revision of program prices, including promo prices if applicable.
Personal Relations: Daily contact with GIT team members, weekly contact with the GM and Directors for check-ins and support, and occasional contact with agents and partners is expected for business relationship management.
Working Conditions: This position runs from 9am to 5pm, 5-days a week, out of the Kota Kinabalu office, with occasional domestic and international travel for business relationship development and travel expos. The employee will be provided with a Macbook computer.