Position Summary: Sticky Rice Travel is a fast-growing, innovative, socially and environmentally conscious travel company. As a part of the team, the Operations Executive plays a fundamental role in successfully running our tours in Borneo, providing the main point of contact among Sticky Rice Travel employees. Working as part of our Operations Department, the Operations Executive is primarily responsible for the correct booking, follow-up and cost control of services and ensuring all field employees and partners directly involved with their bookings are fully informed before and on tours.
Reporting to: Operations Manager & General Manager (if first reporting line is not available)
Detailed roles and responsibilities:
• Apply and manage cost control, quality levels and facilitate solutions.
• Ensure all guides, tour leaders and customers receive up to date tour information/ documents.
• Making purchase orders to book all operation services as requested from Sales and Reservations Departments.
• Respond to all urgent incidents reported by field staff, partners or operation officers.
• Update tour costing and ensure trips are running to budget and profitability.
• Attend all scheduled trainings arranged by the company.
• Good working rapport with Operations Team, Guides and colleagues.
• Report to Operations manager and ensure incoming reports from field staff and partners are picked up and acted upon.
• Joining HOD meeting once a week - making report on Account Receivable and discuss if there’s any issue need to be raise during meeting.
• Facilitate guides licensing and renewal of license.
• Facilitate vehicle servicing and maintenance with drivers.
• Collect and manage Guest Feedback forms.
• Strong knowledge of Travel and Tour Operations.
• Assertive and good problem solving skill
• Able to prioritize, manage time and work to deadlines.
• Excellent command of English skills in writing, listening and reading.
• Flexible and positive outlook.
• Work well with others and good communication skill.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Excel, G Sheets, G Docs, etc)
• High standards of customer service and good communication skills.
• Being responsible and proactive.
• Outgoing personality, energetic and willing to work hard.