Job Role & Description
Sticky Rice Travel is a fast-growing, innovative, socially and environmentally conscious travel company. As a part of the team, the Travel Consultant plays a fundamental role in successfully running our tours in Borneo, providing the main point of contact among Sticky Rice Travel employees. Working as part of our Sales Department, the Travel Consultant is primarily responsible to lead and follow through on the fulfillment of bookings.
Sales Manager & General Manager (Should first reporting line is not available)
Detailed roles and responsibilities:
Sales & Marketing
- Provide information as requested by leads, concerning travel programs and destination promoted by Sticky Rice Travel, including general travel advice for Malaysian, Borneo.
- Respond to assigned leads in a timely and suitable manner as outlined in the B2C/B2B
- Identify clients/ interests and match them accordingly to Sticky Rice Travel programs.
- Build working relationships and rapport with clients and suppliers.
- Maintain a high level of customer service standards throughout the entire Sticky Rice Travel experience with potential or existing clients.
- Continuously promoting the company (i.e. invite guests to review on TripAdvisor, Facebook Page, etc)
- Follow through on the fulfillment of bookings, invoicing and processing of payment.
- Provide assistance for pre-trip, on-trip and post-trip for the guests.
- Plan and prepare costing for itineraries, including other documents upon booking.
- Meet sales target, and other KPIs; i.e. response time to guests, follow up and review, working cross efficiently with other departments – Operations for transfers. etc
- Good working rapport with the entire Sales Team and colleagues.
- Strong knowledge of destinations and products for SRT.
- Able to prioritize, manage time and work to daily assignments and deadlines.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision from Sales Manager.
- Responsible for making sure that all quotations and custom trip costings are accurate before submission for approval by the Sales Manager prior to client quotation, and checking of invoice accuracy from suppliers.
- Excellent command of English skills in writing, listening and reading.
- Flexible and good interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skill in solving various range of problems that arise with clients during the booking and throughout the trips.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Excel, G Sheets, G Docs, etc)
- High standards of customer service and good communication skills.
- Good decision making, responsible and proactive.
- Outgoing personality, energetic and willing to work hard.