Have you got what it takes to become our resident driver cum guide for our Sandakan sector? We are on the search for someone that is smooth behind the wheel and passionate about sharing their knowledge of Borneo’s natural wonders. If you’re a licensed tour guide equipped with a PSV license get in touch for your chance to join a dynamic team of adventurers and explorers. 2 years minimum experience required.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Driver Team Leader, as a driver, you are responsible for the safe handling of the company’s vehicle when you are with or without tourist. This position must possess an outgoing personality, client servicing, and ability to relate to people of different background.
- Full time based in Sandakan
- Transporting guest in a safe and timely manner as per your daily assignment/calendar
- Maintenance of vehicles – ensuring cleanliness, tidiness, servicing according to scheduled maintenance, routine inspection of vehicles and submission of vehicle reports as necessary to Operations Team
- Interaction with guests including providing general information regarding the areas you are guiding through and assisting guests and/or guides in terms of trip flow and logistics.
- Maintaining validity of licenses related to driving
- Regulating the logbook in each vehicle, making sure that all drivers logging all mileage as per transfers
- Regulate petty cash for vehicle including usage limitations, submission of receipts, topping up of petty cash as per SOPS
- Ensure that driving meets within the safety standard of SRT
- Keep track of renewals for all vehicles including permits, road tax and insurance and highlight to Driver Team Leader where necessary
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair schedules are being met
- Undertake all task delegated by immediate superior or Head of Departments
- Good knowledge of best routes for Sabah based tours
- Ensure First Aid Kit is available and stocked with required equipment
- To attend all training plans scheduled by Head of Departments
- To check the vehicle for any left items by guests, and report to Operations Team
- Report immediately of any damages on vehicle to the Operations team
- Good working rapport with Operations Team, Guides and colleagues
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in a tourism company catering to an English-speaking market
- Education: Valid driver’s license with PSV
- Working Conditions: This position runs flexible working hours, based in Sandakan
WHAT YOU GET…
- Starting Salary (RM2200 -2300)
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- 5 days work week
- 20 Days Annual Leaves
- Medical benefits & Personal Accident Insurance
- Allowances, Bonus x2 per year
- Twice yearly company trip
- Training and development provided
Provide us with a cover letter, resume, and two previous work references when applying. This position is open to Malaysians residing in Sabah.
Email us at email@example.com