Charles Ryan has been working and living in Borneo for over 11 years. Originally from the U.S., Charles arrived in Borneo in 2008 to work with rural communities creating alternatives to poaching and logging through forest restoration projects, capacity training and community tourism.
Hear about the experience our Director Jessica Yew-Sumarang had at the recent Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) Summit!
SRT Director, Jessica Yew-Sumarang is in the July edition of Prestige Malaysia Magazine alongside other Sabahan personalities.
Describing herself as a bright-eyed and idealistic individual, Jessica co-founded Sticky Rice Travel with Charles Ryan to not only connect like-minded individuals through crafting and delivering high-quality, responsible tourism programs but to also play a role in conservation and giving back to the community.
Her belief in investing in local talent knows no boundaries, providing everyone in Sticky Rice Travel with vast exposure and opportunities in order to raise the bar in the local industry and leaving a legacy that will inspire others in this notion as well.
Open the doors to birding wonders with Sticky Rice Travel.
Sticky Rice Travel is proud to be participating in the Center for Responsible Travel’s Spring Travel Auction!
Now through June 11, bid for an unforgettable getaway that supports CREST’s work to promote responsible tourism around the world.
10 NIGHT JOURNEY INTO THE WILDS OF BORNEO
Estimated Valued: $16,500.00
– Experience ancient Borneo rainforest at the award-winning Borneo Rainforest Lodge
– Watch the sunrise over treetop canopies at Danum Valley
– River safari experience on the Kinabatangan River
– Encounter rare and endangered wildlife such as the orangutan, pygmy elephants, and gibbons
– Private tour of the Sun Bear Conservation Centre with Founder Dr. Wong Siew Te
– Private viewing at Borneo Rhino Alliance to see the last two Sumatran Rhino in captivity in Borneo
A full page articles about Sticky Rice Travel on the Travel Trends Adventure – 2018 issue.
AO50, Special Adventure Travel Guide – Spring 2018 Issue
Thick, luscious ancient forests rich with endemic flora adn fauna stretch across the rugged landscape of Borneo. Shared by three countries, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei.